Home About Me My Classroom My Products TeachersPayTeachers Instagram Facebook Pinterest Image Map

Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Year Later, A New Me!

TPTFLOCK2017!!
Welcome!  I feel compelled for this to be my first blog post.  I recently attended a Teachers Pay Teachers meet up in Rochester, New York.   I can not even begin to express how
lucky I felt to be among such wonderful, amazing teachers from across the country!

Not only did I make many new friends, but I also learned so much about teaching and creating curriculum that is more engaging for my students!

I will be honest here. A year ago I was at a point in my teaching and personal health where I was not sure if I was really going to be able to continue teaching.  The stress was causing many heath issues and I was really struggling with if I would be able to go back to the classroom.  It was at that time that I decided to join the Teachers Pay Teachers community.

This was my second large meet up with the Teachers Pay Teachers community and I am so thankful to be associated with this company and the teacher authors that make it what it is.  I not only have found a renewed passion for the classroom, but the friendships I have developed in the year that I have been apart of this has been so encouraging.  I am now friends with teachers from around the world!  The things that I have learned from them, even after my 20 years of teaching, has been so invaluable to me.  

I have grown in so many ways.  I have learned coding, graphic styling, I have discovered fonts, clip art (even dabbled a little in making my own clip art, something I never thought I'd do!), I have learned to work with online tools and apps, marketing, and even setting up my own graphics on my blog!   The best thing of all???....... My students are more engaged in their learning because I am more engaged in my own learning and teaching!  Thank you TPT for changing my life and in turn changing my students' lives.

So back to my blog here..... It is my hope to share my learning, the ups and downs, and just my thoughts on things all educational... well mostly educational!   

💜 Kerry

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great post! I can feel your excitement! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much to you and the rest of the planning team for tptflock17!!! You rock! I look forward to FLOCK18!! And maybe another meet up dinner around the December holidays!?? 🌸

      Delete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the TPT Flock! Awesome day for sure :)

    ReplyDelete